The oatmeal raisin cookie recipe is one of the marvelous and most favorite cooking recipes. This delicious recipe is highly recommended by people, because of its balanced sweetness, hearty texture and also contains some health benefits. The healthy oatmeal raisin cookies are one of the most favorite lunchbox cookies in America, because it is very easy for mom to make this special sweet treat for their kids.
The great thing about oatmeal raisin cookie recipe is fully free of calories and also a flavorful recipe for kids. However, this raisin version cookie recipe is still giving the additional flavors and texture to taste it.
Basically, the oatmeal raisin cookie is a type of the cousin of the raisin version, which becomes a healthy raisin to taste. It contains numerous health benefits and delicious too. Due to its wonderful taste, this recipe becomes one of your favorite cookie toppers, add-ons as well as experiment. It also comes up with the genuine cookie sensation.
Instead of unhealthy snacks and desserts, the healthy oatmeal raisin cookies can be a great choice of sweet items for kids, which make them to stay healthy forever. Even there are several varieties available in this recipe, but the tastes may vary based on your adding flavors and textures.
I link the necessary ingredients with products I prefer to use. Of course, you can use the ones you already have at home.
Essential ingredients to make oatmeal cookie raisin
- 1/2 cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup apple butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup spooned and leveled whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- Boiling water
Methods to prepare delicious and healthy oatmeal cookie recipe
- First of all, you have to take a small bowl and add a certain amount raisins, which are covered with boiling water.
- After added the raisins, let it stand for 5 minutes. Once it boiled thoroughly, you just drain the raisins and keep it aside to cool completely.
- Now you preheat the oven to 350 degree F and arrange the racks properly in the upper and lower thirds.
- Now take another medium size bowl to add together a certain amount of baking powder, flour, baking soda and salt to taste. Mixing all these items together and set aside for a few minutes.
- In the electric mixer bowl, you can pour and beat the butter, sugar and apple butter until it becomes fluffy and light. You can also beat the egg and vanilla by adding in it and beat these mixtures until it combines thoroughly.
- The next step is to turn the mixer on low speed and add the above flour mixture gradually to the beating mixture until it just combined and also stir the raisins and oats.
- Now take a round shaped tablespoon and drop the cookies into a parchment lined baking sheets. Make sure the baking sheet should be around 2 inches.
- Finally, you bake the above mixture in the oven for about 14 to 16 minutes and no longer wet surface at the center. After certain minutes, you just rotate a pan halfway and then transfer it to a wire rack to cool them completely.